SCUSD #20 is committed to equip every teacher and student with technology and information literacy skills. Our focus is on teacher professional learning and student achievement. We strive to research and develop best practices with regards to educational technology and look to replicate those practices in all classrooms.
We are a district with one-to-world devices to ensure our students in San Carlos are technology proficient. SCUSD has started an implementation that ensures that technology is an integral part of our curriculum, not another initiative. Our students will leave San Carlos with the technological skills to succeed in college or on a career path.
San Carlos is in the process of upgrading all classrooms and making sure that we have the most up-to-date devices for our students. Our students use the technology for many different reasons, including differentiated instruction, real time news, student/parent access of PowerSchool to check attendance and grades, and learning skills they need for living in a digital age, new resources, and eBooks.
San Carlos is not only using technology but is integrating it by:
- Technology usage is planned & purposeful
- Technology is a routine part of the classroom environment
- Technology is used to support curricular goals & learning objectives
- Technology is used to engage students with content
- Technology is mostly being used by the student(s)
- Focus on using technologies to create and develop new thinking processes
- More instructional time is spent using the technology to learn
- Technology is used to encourage higher-order thinking skills
- Technology is used to facilitate collaboration in & out of classroom
- Technology is used to facilitate activities that would otherwise be difficult or impossible
- Technology is used to construct and build knowledge
- Technology is essential to the learning activity